Microsoft Is Adding More Stuff to Windows 10’s Taskbar

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
windows-10-taskbar-integrated-feed-1024x576.jpg
Image: Microsoft

Microsoft released a new Windows 10 Insider Preview Build (21286) this week that allows users to bolster the operating system’s tried-and-true taskbar with an integrated feed that can be customized with a range of dynamic content, such as news, weather, stocks, and more. While this isn’t something that will encourage Windows critics to switch over from an alternative OS any time soon, it does seem useful for users who have regularly relied on the Start Menu’s Live Tiles to get popular information at a glance.

“You can personalize your feed with relevant content tailored for you,” Microsoft explained. “Instead of switching...

Continue reading...

Microsoft WeatherBug...

These days they are embracing, extending and extinguishing even the bad stuff.

I'm already annoyed by the stupid Quick Launch icon for Teams, Skype, or whatever it is in the system tray. You can't turn it off, you can only hide it from the showing in the system tray, which means I know it's still there staring at me from the back of the room...

I'm already annoyed by the stupid Quick Launch icon for Teams, Skype, or whatever it is in the system tray. You can't turn it off, you can only hide it from the showing in the system tray, which means I know it's still there staring at me from the back of the room...

Agreed. This pisses me off.

I don't want an Ecosystem from Microsoft.

I want it the old fashioned way. A barebones operating system that I can add components and programs to as I please.

This whole "Microsoft forcing all of their programs on you whether you want them or not" is really infuriating.

Become a Patron!
Back