Microsoft Is Thinking About Buying Even More Game Studios

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
xbox-series-x-top-1024x576.jpg
Image: Microsoft

Microsoft paid $7.5 billion in cash for ZeniMax Media and Bethesda Softworks’s incredible network of game studios, but as you might imagine, that’s chump change for the world’s reigning software company. In an interview with CNET, Satya Nadella admitted that he was considering buying even more gaming giants to strengthen the Xbox brand, which received a serious steroid injection yesterday thanks to the addition of Bethesda Game Studios, id Software, ZeniMax Online Studios, Arkane, MachineGames, Tango Gameworks, Alpha Dog, and Roundhouse Studios.

“You can’t wake up one day and say, ‘Let me build a game studio,'” Nadella told...

Continue reading...

Their JRPG catalogue is lacking, how much are Sega (who also own Atlus) and Square Enix valued at these days?

What about Relic? They are already working on Age of Empires IV, so it would make sense, and would also pick up Warhammer 40k in the process.

Their JRPG catalogue is lacking, how much are Sega (who also own Atlus) and Square Enix valued at these days?
Sega is $2.5B USD and Square-Enix is $6.5B.
What about Relic? They are already working on Age of Empires IV, so it would make sense, and would also pick up Warhammer 40k in the process.
Relic is owned by THQ.

I think their JRPG library is lite because no one in Japan likes the XB infrastructure.

That doesn't mean that only Japanese folks play JRPGs, but you tend to cater to your market.

I think their JRPG library is lite because no one in Japan likes the XB infrastructure.

That doesn't mean that only Japanese folks play JRPGs, but you tend to cater to your market.

I am one of those people who still prefer Japanese role-playing games to Western and would love to see more on Xbox. The Xbox 360 actually had quite a few good ones on it like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

I want ms to buy Activision blizzard so bad. I don't know if it would be bad or good but everyone's heads exploding would be glorious. ;)

Become a Patron!
Back