Microsoft to Acquire Speech Recognition and Healthcare AI Firm Nuance in a Deal Worth $16 Billion

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
microsoft-nuance-1024x576.jpg
Image: Microsoft

Microsoft has announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire speech recognition and healthcare AI solutions and services leader Nuance Communications. The deal, which is estimated to be worth around $16 billion ($19 billion including debt), will augment Microsoft’s ability to assist medical professionals through its existing cloud-based healthcare solution, Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare. Nuance’s technologies and expertise will also be used to bolster Azure, Teams, Dynamics 365, and other Microsoft cloud products.

AI is technology’s most important priority, and healthcare is its most urgent application. Together with @NuanceInc, we will put advanced AI solutions into the hands of professionals to drive better decision-making and create more meaningful connections...

Continue reading...

I just want good voice recognition for my irc chat programs.. I mean for icq.. I mean for msn... I mean for powow.. I mean for.. I think you get the idea.

Sounds like buzzword salad: AI, voice, healthcare, software

Good. Maybe they can fix it. Dragon is an absolutely nightmare to support. And it would be nice if they could make it GPU accelerated. Such a CPU hog when transcribing.

Become a Patron!
Back