Microsoft Will No Longer Market Xbox Consoles in Europe and Other Regions, It’s Claimed

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Xbox Series, a fourth generation of Xbox consoles that Microsoft launched in 2020, including what is said to be the world's most powerful video game console ever—the Xbox Series X—will be more difficult to find in some regions in the months ahead, according to a new report that echoes a claim from a tipster about how Microsoft will stop marketing consoles in the EMEA (Europe, the Middle East, and Africa) regions and, instead, turn its focus there on other aspects of the Xbox business, including cloud gaming, peripherals, and Game Pass.

See full article...

I was under the assumption that we only got like one series X for every 100 orso for the US

How can you sell consoles if you can't find them,

We live in a global economy, unless there is an export restriction... what's to prevent people from just doing online exchanges and shipping the device. Trust? Taxes? I mean is that it?

We live in a global economy, unless there is an export restriction... what's to prevent people from just doing online exchanges and shipping the device. Trust? Taxes? I mean is that it?
Those are pretty big reasons. Most goods will become unreasonably expensive if you try to import them yourself. Shipping costs a fortune too. And you have to pay import fees and taxes on shipping too. LOL.

Another big reason with electronics devices is warranty. You are not going to ship it back overseas for repair so your best and probably only hope are independent repair techs.

A lot of companies that ship internationally have isssues with customers not knowing they need to pay duties and taxes with shipments then beeing returned and they get stuck with the ccharges/fines.

I on occasion order games from limited run games and need to pay all duties and taxes in advance as a result which is what more and more companies are doing now.

Also as MM76 said warranties are a pain for electronics bought abroad as are shipping costs, also power outlets and voltages are not the same everywhere so that can be a pita.

Still my main issue here is that even though the Xboxes supposedly sell badly in Europe I found a PS5 long b4 a Series X. If you are sold out and still find you don't sell enough there is a different issue then your customers

Just one short step from Microsoft announcing Xbox is a brand and no longer a physical console.

Become a Patron!
Back