Monolith’s Wonder Woman Game Will Be a Live-Service Title, according to Warner Bros. Discovery Job Listing

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Monolith Productions is working a new Wonder Woman Game, and while it's unclear whether Gal Gadot might show up in a cameo, the title will apparently be a live service product.

See full article...

What is a live service product? Let me see..

So it's an MMORPG? Or just MMO game with a stream of constant updates.

Good luck with that, sucko.
I see no reason a well conceived and executed wonder woman MMO couldn't work. BUUUUT... I don't want to spend brain power on it yet.

What you can't have are a bunch of frumpy plane jane wonder women or even amazonians running around. They can be athletic and badass.. but they just can't be meh.

Live service - a lot of players but segregated out into very low player counts into instanced servers so you never see many of them at one time. Might have a world chat that ties everyone together, but usually not and just relies on Discord or “official forums”

Oh, the latest fad in live service — they dont charge subscriptions any more, now they charge for “seasons”

Live service - a lot of players but segregated out into very low player counts into instanced servers so you never see many of them at one time. Might have a world chat that ties everyone together, but usually not and just relies on Discord or “official forums”

Oh, the latest fad in live service — they dont charge subscriptions any more, now they charge for “seasons”
Yep. The worst part is they try to leverage that fear of missing out by time gating things and enticing you to the play the game and make it part of your life style. After awhile, it usually feels like a second job. That's why I quit playing Destiny 2 or really MMO's in general.

I see no reason a well conceived and executed wonder woman MMO couldn't work. BUUUUT... I don't want to spend brain power on it yet.

What you can't have are a bunch of frumpy plane jane wonder women or even amazonians running around. They can be athletic and badass.. but they just can't be meh.
I have not seen a single MMO that worked for me. Every MMO I tried would've been made better if it wasn't an MMO.
A PVE MMO is just a really lousy single player game where the random NPCs are replaced by random players who don't even try to act in character.

A live service is a game that wants to dictate when you can play.

And if I know current day politics those amazonians will be "diverse and inclusive" meaning fat and ugly.

Become a Patron!
Back