MSI Launches New Gaming Desktop with AI Cooling Technology

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
MSI has announced the launch of the MAG Infinite E1, a new gaming desktop that is said to be the ultimate gaming companion, delivering unmatched functionality with its hardware, which include up to a 14th Gen Intel Core i7-14700 processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTXM 4070 GPU.

See full article...

A mobile GPU in a gaming desktop giving unmatched 'functionality' whatever the hell that means. It surely doesn't mean unmatched Performance.

I was thinking it'd be something smaller and sleeker using that mobile 4070.

That spec combination is good enough to be disappointing at a lot of things.

Great for processor tasks.. meh not really.

GPU acceleration of AI tasks.. well some sure... for a little while.

Gaming. Sure at 1080p and some games at 1440p even!

I suppose it would make a decent homework box and part time gamer. Better than most laptops at least at a comparable price point.

In addition to AI cooling technology, the MAG Infinite E1 is equipped with the MSI AI Engine, which elevates the user experience to another level. The MSI AI Engine is capable of transforming user experiences by seamlessly adapting to optimal scenarios in gaming, meetings, entertainment, and work. It intelligently fine-tunes performance, RGB lighting, and screen color without requiring manual input, crafting a dynamic and personalized environment. Whether transitioning from intense gaming to productive work applications or settling into leisurely entertainment, the AI Engine guarantees automatic adjustments, delivering a versatile and customized experience for all users.

So it has a fan curve... that also has lighting effects associated with temperature. And we're calling that AI. I mean... that's what I'm reading here.

MSI AI Artist is an offline AIGC (Artificial Intelligence Generated Content) model, effectively eliminating concerns related to network latency and data leakage. It boasts text-to-image, image-to-image, and image-to-text capabilities, as well as the export of layered PSD files for Photoshop editing, greatly simplifying these processes for creative professionals. This groundbreaking AI tool is designed to provide creative flexibility without compromising on security, making it an invaluable asset for professionals across various creative domains.

This is kind of neat but how was the LLM trained? How does it know what different styles of art are. How does it 'learn'? Or is it just a LLM in a box that can 'make art'. If so I'll give it props for not stealing anything new. But I won't give it props for not stealing at all unless we know how it was trained.

And I went to the source site.. they are saying at 4k this system with it's 4070m can play starfield at 50+ fps.

Peak? Average? What detail and draw distance? So many questions on this bullshit statement in a marketing box. It's like the freaking cat it doesn't matter if it's alive or dead, as long as you don't know (the settings.) you can name whatever freaking result you want.

I really hate when marketing just throws numbers at a wall and keep's going until it looks 'good enough'.

some other comments...

UP TO 64 gig of ram. You want to run a competent AI on 64 gigs of ram... one that can CREATE art. Yea good luck at that running well.

Using a mobile GPU. (to be fair I didn't see that called out.. so maybe that was a typo? I hope so.) Just no... not in a freaking desktop.

Become a Patron!
Back