MSI Radeon RX 6700 XT GAMING X Video Card Review

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
banner-7.png

Introduction

We’ve got a full retail manufacturer custom-built AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT GPU-based video card to test for you today.  The MSI Radeon RX 6700 XT GAMING X 12G is a customized video card with a beefy heatsink and fan combo, robust hardware, and geared for overclocking.  As MSI puts it, Play Hard, Stay Silent, and that is what the GAMING X version offers.  The overall look has also been refreshed and MSI is using TWIN FROZR 8, which we will talk about below. MSRP is steep in the US, priced at $789.99 officially. MSI emphasizes that this price is for the US only because of the 25% tariffs taxed when entering through customs. MSRP, and more importantly, street prices, could change in the future.

Before we dive into the video card, let’s first take a quick...

Continue reading...

I know GPU prices are all over today, but almost $800 MSRP for a 6700 is crazy all the way around. This is almost certainly a case of the AIB getting ahead of the scalpers.

Not sure how I feel about that honestly.

Yep... I pointed it out when the 6700 XT was released. AIB's were almost doubling the costs of the card at the AIB LEVEL! I won't touch an AMD card with a 10 ft. cattle-prod at these prices!

Become a Patron!
Back