MSI Releases World’s First GPU with 16 Gbps GDDR6 Memory: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING Z TRIO

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
msi-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-gaming-z-trio-1024x576.jpg
Image: MSI

MSI has released a new version of its GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING Z TRIO GPU with 11 GB of GDDR6 memory that runs at 16 Gbps instead of 14 Gbps, which, according to the company, improves upon the performance of the original by at least 5 percent. VideoCardz points out that this is the first and only graphics card with 16 Gbps memory modules.

“Rocking the mighty TRI-FROZR design with supreme cooling power allows the MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING Z TRIO to deliver top notch in-game and thermal performance,” said MSI in its press release.

“Featuring MSI’s patented TORX 3.0 fans, the unique fan design combines the advantages of two differently shaped fan blades to...

Continue reading...

Will be interesting to see what - if any - impact on performance this will have.
I'm not used to RAM speed having much of a performance impact on my GPU's, or at least being minor compared to getting more out of the GPU clocks. I am curious what peoples experiences with this board will be.

Become a Patron!
Back