Naughty Dog “Done” with Uncharted Franchise, but Open to The Last of Us Part III

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The ending of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End would suggest that Nathan Drake's adventuring days are over, and Naughty Dog appears to be in total agreement. Speaking in a new interview for BuzzFeed, Neil Druckmann, who's currently riding high thanks to successful projects that include HBO's The Last of Us adaptation, mentioned that Naughty Dog was "done" with Uncharted and that it had moved on from the franchise, implying no more Uncharted games. Naughty Dog is open to making The Last of Us Part III, however, but only if it can figure out a "compelling story" to tell.

See full article...

Amy Hennig is long gone, so I'm fine with them being done with the Uncharted series. 4 wasn't very good anyways (Druckmann did that one). LL was okay. My favorite Naughty Dog franchises are the ones that were made when co-founders Jason Rubin and master programmer Andy Gavin were there. I don't really give a sh1t about the company anymore. TLoU is not my cup o'tea.

I played all 4, they where fine. Nothing wrong to leave it there.

I played all 4, they where fine. Nothing wrong to leave it there.
What about the fifth game?

I'm fine with this, I was never big of the franchise, tried the demo of one of the early ones and I thought the gameplay was bad, It didn't click with me, mostly due to the horrible console controls. I finished Lost Legacy and while it wasn't bad it was nothing special. I was definitely not craving for more.

Become a Patron!
Back