NBCUniversal Launches Peacock Streaming Service with Free and Ad-Supported Tiers

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nbc-peacock-1024x576.jpg
Image: NBCUniversal

Another one? Yes, NBCUniversal launched its Peacock streaming service today, which offers up to 20,000 hours of premium programming. This platform is unique, however, in that there’s a free (ad-supported…) tier that allows anyone to enjoy classic movies and shows such as Jurassic Park, The Matrix, 30 Rock, and Saved by the Bell for no cost! Those of you with money to spare can spring for the ad-supported premium tier ($4.99/month) or ad-free premium tier ($9.99/month) at PeacockTV.com.

“This is a historic moment for our company as we proudly introduce Peacock to consumers nationwide—a groundbreaking vision that was brought to life by an incredible team of people from across Comcast, NBCUniversal and Sky,” said Matt Strauss, Chairman of Peacock. “From current, classic and original movies and shows, to live news, sports, curated...

Continue reading...

Live sports is where this thing will excel at I think. If they can get on board with the NBA and MLB regular season games it'll be a huge hit, especially if free (with ads) and if they can get the regular season NFL on board or even college football and basketball.

I read no Roku or Fire support at this moment... double bummer

Roku and Amazon will get support sooner rather than later. I am sure of it.

Will be hard to compete with Disney/ESPN for sports...

I've been using this for a few days now. So far, they haven't asked for a credit card nubmer and I've been able to stream older shows for free without commercials. It annoys me about an ad blocker, which I dismiss and ignore. So that might be why I am not seeing ads. In any case, it performs well and the quality seems solid.

Become a Patron!
Back