Need a hand finding a good deal on a laptop

Grimlakin

Forum Posting Supreme
Next week I'll be replacing my old laptop finally. I've realized I don't really game on my laptop any more. So Gaming isn't a big deal.

I've been doing some searching and looking online at various models and price points. Basically I'd like to stay as close to 2k as I can while getting extended support, accident protection (more support less so), and the following.

1. A 16 inch 1440p or better screen. 15.4 is fine..
2. Having 10 key would be nice not required.
3. 1 tb of storage.
4. Some capability to game on the off chance I want to load up a game. So a 4060 or better probably.
5. CPU is nice to have... any modern CPU will probably exceed my most common use (discord with some spreadsheets and streaming a webcam).
6. Connectivity. I don't want a dongle for USB or for HDMI. (strongly considering a framework.)

Any other recommendations? Personal experiences or ones you think stand out for the price point I'm at?

Next week I'll be replacing my old laptop finally. I've realized I don't really game on my laptop any more. So Gaming isn't a big deal.

I've been doing some searching and looking online at various models and price points. Basically I'd like to stay as close to 2k as I can while getting extended support, accident protection (more support less so), and the following.

1. A 16 inch 1440p or better screen. 15.4 is fine..
2. Having 10 key would be nice not required.
3. 1 tb of storage.
4. Some capability to game on the off chance I want to load up a game. So a 4060 or better probably.
5. CPU is nice to have... any modern CPU will probably exceed my most common use (discord with some spreadsheets and streaming a webcam).
6. Connectivity. I don't want a dongle for USB or for HDMI. (strongly considering a framework.)

Any other recommendations? Personal experiences or ones you think stand out for the price point I'm at?
AMD or Intel?? I've got the HP 16.1" OMEN 16-b1020nr Gaming Laptop (i7-12700H) equipped with a 3070. It's got 32GB RAM and I installed my own 2TB NVME drive (SKHynix Sapphire P41). Paid $1200 for the laptop and another $170 for the drive. Zero complaints.. Works like a champ.

I'm sure the AMD version of the same laptop (or relatively similar, as its only got the 3060 instead of 3070) is just a powerful.

I decided on one of the new Intel meteor lake based laptops. Going to get one without an dedicated gpu after reflecting on my use case. Will post.about how it handles my workload later maybe end of this week. Keep in mind it will be a laptop specific review. Not about it compared to my.desktop in my sig other than perhaps general feel doing desktop duties.

Picked it up today whole running around. Will probably tinker with it some tonight and post my first impressions. Do you want a new post.or just add on here?

Become a Patron!
Back