Netflix Begins Phasing Out Its Cheapest Ad-Free Plan

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Netflix, the world's biggest streamer, has begun phasing out its cheapest ad-free plan for existing subscribers, which costs $11.99/month, according to numerous posts that can be found on social media, including Reddit, where members say that they are being forced by the company to switch to another plan if they wish to continue using the service.

See full article...

People get upset over everything.

The truth is things get more expensive over time.

Your cell, cable and/or internet subscription hasn't stayed the same price either.

I'm more upset over the lack of good new content atm.

Mostof the stuff I watched at the start has all been cancelled and not been replaced by much of substance, been rewatching mostly some older stuff that used to be on tv, once that runs out I might hop to HBO which is coming to my country soonish.

People get upset over everything.

The truth is things get more expensive over time.

Your cell, cable and/or internet subscription hasn't stayed the same price either.
How much did a pentium 100 cost on release day vs a 7950? How much did you pay per MHz? How much do you pay per inch for a monitor? A TV? What about cost per MB for storage?

Plenty of things get cheaper over time

No, it didn't because it got cheaper :D

OK, that's only a half truth, my mobile provider decided to scrap the plan I was on entirely. Which forced me to switch to another carrier that by coincidence happened to be my internet provider and I ended up paying much less for everything due to the bundle deal they offered.

No, it didn't because it got cheaper :D

OK, that's only a half truth, my mobile provider decided to scrap the plan I was on entirely. Which forced me to switch to another carrier that by coincidence happened to be my internet provider and I ended up paying much less for everything due to the bundle deal they offered.
Good point. My cost for internet service has dropped several times. I used to pay 129/month for gigabit. It dropped to 99, and now it’s 65. My mobile phone used to be 70 / line for 2GB, now it’s 35/line for 10GB.

Good point. My cost for internet service has dropped several times. I used to pay 129/month for gigabit. It dropped to 99, and now it’s 65. My mobile phone used to be 70 / line for 2GB, now it’s 35/line for 10GB.
My internet leeps going up, not enough competition around here. Belgium is pretty expensive compared to neighbouring countries -.-

Become a Patron!
Back