Newegg Introducing Lottery System for NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs, AMD Ryzen 5000 Series CPUs, and Other In-Demand Products

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-angled-close-up-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

Newegg is aware that many of its customers are frustrated by how difficult it is to score some of today’s hottest hardware products, such as NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics cards and AMD’s Ryzen 5000 Series processors. That’s why the retailer has begun testing a lottery system that should make it easier for mere mortals (i.e., not bots) to purchase the hardware they desire.

“We’re beta testing a new raffle system to get in-demand products to our real customers,” Newegg said in a statement provided to PC Mag. “The purpose of today’s test was to gather and evaluate all feedback so we can improve the overall Newegg Shuffle experience.”

Today’s beta test actually sparked quite a bit of controversy when participants realized that...

Continue reading...

Deposit. FIFO

Really hard concept, stores have had it for decades, but those wacky millennials need to reinvent everything.

I hope they have better options in the future. Doing combos is such bull ****

Deposit. FIFO

Really hard concept, stores have had it for decades, but those wacky millennials need to reinvent everything.
How is that going to help the situation when the bots can just pony up the deposit money as easily as us human counterparts?

How is that going to help the situation when the bots can just pony up the deposit money as easily as us human counterparts?
Well if you see 2000 deposits in a row all from the same bank account...or same shipping address...or same PSN account... or same email address...

Interesting in theory, but the bundle BS needs to end quickly (and the article does reflect that). Also... 2 hour window to buy your item after you are notified? How about 24 hours?

But hey it's a step in the right direction I guess.

So wait a minute.....
You give newegg the money first and then wait for your chance?
Are they going to pay you interest while you wait?
Is there any guarantee of said item?
Sounds like bull$hit to me......

So wait a minute.....
You give newegg the money first and then wait for your chance?
Are they going to pay you interest while you wait?
Is there any guarantee of said item?
Sounds like bull$hit to me......
AFAIK your card won't get charged until it ships.

Become a Patron!
Back