Newegg Launches Custom PC Assembly Service

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
newegg-eniac-custom-pc-cougar-case-1024x576.jpg
Image: Newegg

Newegg has announced that it will begin offering a professional PC assembly service for enthusiasts who are too lazy to build their own systems but patient enough to select the individual components that will go into it. The new service is centered around Newegg.com’s Custom PC Builder, which allows users to pick between entry-level, mainstream, and enthusiast configurations or gradually select their CPU, graphics card, and other components step by step. Newegg pointed out in its press release that it “can source virtually any build using existing inventory within their network,” which seems to suggest that this might be a clever or desperate way for enthusiasts to get access to certain in-demand products. Newegg’s new build-to-order service is still in the beta stage, but the company has promised that it will evolve to include unique options such as...

Continue reading...

Ok I went to try it. You can't actually change out the parts in the build. The Enthusiast build is a 5800x with a 6700xt video card from AMD. I Couldn't select ANY other AMD CPU at all. Oh and it was 2700+ dollars.

If you are going to sell to actual enthusiasts actually have a portal that works.

Oh I dunno.... if someone is already willing to drop that kind of coin at Newegg why not build... and if you don't want to build... www.dell.com

No APU's worth getting. It's nice I guess. Can do the same thing at Microcenter, or Dell as mentioned above.

Microcenter already does this, and it is pretty lame.

I know no one likes a gate keeper, but I actually liked it better when you had to actually bother to do your research and build your own PC in order to enjoy PC games.

It kept the intellectual riff-raff out.

Become a Patron!
Back