Nintendo to Skip “Switch Pro” for Next-Gen Console Releasing in 2024, Predicts Analyst

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nintendo-switch-oled-model-red-background-1024x576.jpg
Image: Nintendo

Nintendo’s heavily rumored Switch update with 4K-capable hardware is unlikely to ever see the light of day.

That’s according to Piers Harding-Rolls, an analyst with Ampere Analysis who shared his predictions for the gaming industry in 2022 in a recent piece published by GamesIndustry.biz. Harding-Rolls discusses Nintendo’s plans for the current year, noting that he doesn’t believe they will include a Switch Pro model. Instead, the analyst is convinced that Nintendo’s next console release will be a brand-new console, one that releases in 2024.

“I’m currently expecting the console market year-on-year performance to be quite flat in 2022 as Switch sales decline and we come off what has been an amazing couple of years for console gaming,” Harding-Rolls said before going on to tease the potential sales performance of the Nintendo Switch this...

Continue reading...

Nintendo played the “Pro” game heavily with the Gameboy lineup - you could even argue they were the first to do so. But they never really did with their main line consoles.

of course the switch merges the lineups… so interesting to see which way Nintendo went with it

I think the pro version (if that already was a thing) got canned due to a global chip shortage making it unfeasable to make unless you want to go the Sony and MS way and be in constant rupture of stock with no end in sight.

I think the pro version (if that already was a thing) got canned due to a global chip shortage making it unfeasable to make unless you want to go the Sony and MS way and be in constant rupture of stock with no end in sight.

Yar, and probably by the time they did get production rolling, it would've been time for the true Switch successor anyway.

Become a Patron!
Back