NVIDIA Announces GeForce RTX 3080 with 12 GB GDDR6X Memory and Reduced Hashrate for Ethereum Mining

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

NVIDIA has quietly launched its latest GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics card, the GeForce RTX 3080 with 12 GB GDDR6X.

As explained in an article regarding an upcoming GeForce Game Ready Driver release, the GeForce RTX 3080 is a new version of the graphics card that similarly delivers amazing performance at 4K but is bolstered with 2 GB of additional GDDR6X memory. The revised model features 8690 CUDA cores (vs. 8704), a base clock of 1.26 GHz (vs. 1.44 GHz), and a 384-bit memory interface width (vs. 320-bit), according to an updated specifications table on the official NVIDIA site.

“Starting today, our GPU partners, including ASUS, Colorful, EVGA, Gainward, Galax, Gigabyte, INNO3D, MSI, Palit, PNY and Zotac, will begin offering a 12GB GDDR6X version of the GeForce RTX 3080,” NVIDIA confirmed. “A driver is available now to support this new version via...

Continue reading...

Reduced hashrate? Right 👍

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one for gaming and winter heat.

performance wise it seems closer to the RTX 3080Ti to the 3080 10GB, so I guess that's fine.

The devil is in the details or in this case, price. Not having a MSRP announced would seem to give OEMs free leeway to set their own and take advantage of the market. Hey why let scalpers have all the fun?

The devil is in the details or in this case, price.
I'd replace the word price with availability and you'd have it. But I don't think this will be any better than previous 3080/3080Ti availability has been, this is just a slight tweak on the 3080, the older 3080 will get phased out, this will take it's place, and net availability will probably remain the same.

Which means prices ain't going nowhere but up.

Become a Patron!
Back