NVIDIA Benchmarks Reveal That GeForce RTX 3090 Cannot Hit 60 FPS in Cyberpunk 2077’s 4K Ultra Ray-Tracing Preset with DLSS Performance Mode

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-female-v-alleyway-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

NVIDIA has shared an article confirming that DLSS is being added to six new titles this December: Cyberpunk 2077, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, CRSED: F.O.A.D., Scavengers, and Moonlight Blade. Strangely, DLSS benchmarks are missing for Cyberpunk 2077, but we managed to find links to them on the server with a bit of guesswork from VideoCardz.

It turns out that not even the combined might of a GeForce RTX 3090 and NVIDIA DLSS Performance Mode can deliver a Cyberpunk 2077 experience at 60 FPS when the game is maxed out in its 4K Ultra preset with ray tracing enabled. Benchmarks confirm...

Continue reading...

I'm glad I bought a 1440p UW display, around 12% less pixels than UHD.
Goldilocks moment, just right :)

Oh yes, its Gsync compatible but isnt an NVidia recommended display.
Its been perfect here for everything, desktop, video and gaming (although I watch most video on the TV).

Last edited:
I've only heard of two of those 6 games. CP2077 is a big get though.

I could see a 5% bump though. But I imagine the level of drm on the review copies is rather nuts.

I read somewhere that it runs inside a virtual machine, which can cause massive slowdowns.
That seems overly complicated. But hey, it's 2020 - anything is possible.

Also, I find DRM in a CDPR release somewhat... incongruous.

And those are average frames too.

Minimum / 1% frames must be even worse.

Going to have to do what I always do when games get too demanding for 4k ultra...

Create a custom letterboxed 21:9 3840x1646 mode in order to keep it over 60...

Game is running pretty well at 4K on the Ultra preset with my sig PC using Auto DLSS and the image still looks great. Only thing annoying me right now are the interface. For some reason the keybinds for accessing the character menu are not listed in the options and the UI itself still proves that CDPR cannot design a good one for the life of them.

I would be surprised if a 3080 couldn't drive this at 4k 60fps with Ray tracing and reflections turned on.

Become a Patron!
Back