NVIDIA Denies Claims It Colluded With Intel to Block High-End GeForce GPUs on AMD Ryzen 4000 Laptops

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-borderlands-3-laptop-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

Earlier this week, Polish hardware site Pure PC published a controversial report alleging that Intel and NVIDIA had worked together to block AMD Ryzen 4000 Series laptops from integrating GeForce graphics solutions that were equal to or more powerful than the GeForce RTX 2070.

“According to the information we have found, Intel and NVIDIA had an agreement signed last year, under which it was not possible to prepare laptop configurations with AMD Ryzen 4000 processors and graphics cards at the GeForce RTX 2070 level and above,” the site reported.

NVIDIA and Intel have now denied these claims in separate statements, noting that the report is false and that OEMs are the ones in charge of deciding how to configure...

Continue reading...

I could totally believe they actually did collude, and I could equally believe it was just nVidia on their own not wanting AMD to gain too much traction, and I could also equally believe
it was just idiot laptop vendors who always seem to make nonsensical AMD variants

I thought the always rule of thumb is - "we do not comment to such rumours".

Hmm...

Become a Patron!
Back