NVIDIA DLSS and Ray Tracing Upgrade Available Now for DOOM Eternal

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
doom-eternal-doom-slayer-next-gen-update-1024x576.jpg
Image: id Software

Bethesda Softworks and id Software have released their next-gen update for DOOM Eternal, enabling not only ray tracing but NVIDIA DLSS in the hellish FPS for GeForce RTX graphics cards owners. According to benchmarks shared by green team, DOOM Eternal players can expect accelerated performance of up to 60 percent at 4K, enabling “virtually every GeForce RTX GPU to exceed 60 FPS with ray tracing enabled, and all settings cranked to their max.” NVIDIA has also shared a handful of screenshots that illustrate what DOOM Eternal looks like with ray-traced reflections turned on and off...

Continue reading...

I have not yet seen a ray tracing implementation that would enhance my life in any noticeable way.

It doesn't need to enhance your life, it just has to make a game a bit better than it otherwise was. This update does indeed make for a better experience. It's a situation with essentially no downside. Is the game great without the update? Of course! But I'm playing through it again now, and it is better.

This is the perfect game for it since the game performs so well to begin with, there's headroom to introduce a feature like this, so I like.

Become a Patron!
Back