NVIDIA DLSS Linux Support for Proton Arrives on June 22

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-dlss-no-mans-sky-on-off-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

NVIDIA has confirmed that DLSS support for Vulkan API games will be available beginning tomorrow on June 22 for Proton, a compatibility layer developed by Valve that allows Windows games to run on Linux systems. What this means is that Linux users will soon be able to enjoy all of the performance-enhancing benefits provided by green team’s deep learning super sampling technology for select titles such as No Man’s Sky and Wolfenstein: Youngblood on Steam. NVIDIA has also confirmed that DLSS support will be enabled in DOOM Eternal and Rust on June 29 and July 1, respectively, with support coming to Unity 2021.2 and DirectX titles running via Proton in the future. NVIDIA’s DLSS plugin is already available for both Unreal Engine 4 and Unreal Engine 5...

Continue reading...

Well, that figures. I just swapped the 1070 ti with the 2070 in my 3700x box to enjoy some features in a Windows environment…..
Guess I will swap them back

Well, that figures. I just swapped the 1070 ti with the 2070 in my 3700x box to enjoy some features in a Windows environment…..
Guess I will swap them back
I still don't even own a GPU that can run DLSS... otherwise I'd be even more excited about this.

Become a Patron!
Back