NVIDIA GeForce NOW Loses Warner Bros., XBOX Game Studios, Codemasters, and Klei Ent. Titles

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-now-power-play-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

In its latest GeForce NOW blog update, NVIDIA revealed that games from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, XBOX Game Studios, Codemasters, and Klei Entertainment will be removed from the game-streaming service on Friday, April 24. There’s some good news, though – those losses are being offset by Ubisoft, which has brought the complete Assassin’s Creed and Far Cry series to GeForce NOW. Those classic games are available to stream right now.

“Ubisoft fully supports NVIDIA’s GeForce NOW with complete access to our PC games from the Ubisoft Store or any supported game stores,” said Chris Early, senior vice president partnerships at Ubisoft. “We believe it’s a leading-edge service that gives current and new PC players a high-end experience with more choice in how and where they...

Continue reading...

Just wait... xbox will soon have their own game streaming service for all of their titles.. Ubisoft doesn't want to get into the server management business so they are probably waiting to see. I mean as it is you could have gotten 4 of the earlier assassins creed titles for free to boot. So no point in worrying about that.

Warner brothers is big enough to set up their own streaming service and they could do games and movies for the same price. The other two, Codemasters and Klei Entertainment I don't know that well.

I suspect other game streaming services are trying to lock down publishers.

So, with all of these removals, what games are left at this point? Super Meat boy? :p

I don't get why they remove their games, you have to buy them b4 you get to play them anyways so they get your money regardless.

It's only costing Nvidia to run their servers and all the bandwith they use with it. The paying customers might not even bring enough in to cover the costs of the ones playing for free

In most of these instances you are just using Steams built in remote play feature to access your account via nVidia's computers. I really wish nVidia would grow a pair and tell these developers/publishers to go **** themselves. If they don't want people playing on nVidia's computers they need to take it up with Valve and remove the ability to use their games with Steam's remote play feature.

Except the focus here is console games on portable devices. I don't want to pay a monthly fee for console quality graphics. I'd much rather be playing on a 2080Ti.

The irony is that if any other company starts up a streaming service like nVidia's the only way they could guarantee the best possible graphics at the highest frame rates is to use nVidia's cards in their machines.

I have this through my Shield, but rarely use it. Doesn't make real sense for me to play on my TV when I play on my PC with better graphics.

Become a Patron!
Back