NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Manages 37 FPS in Crysis Remastered’s “Can It Run Crysis?” Mode

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
crysis-remastered-nanosuit-8k-1024x576.jpg
Image: Crytek

Earlier today, we shared a claim by Crytek that no graphics card on the market could run Crysis Remastered at frame rates of over 30 FPS in 4K. The developer was wrong.

PC Gamer took the newly released title for a spin this morning and found that NVIDIA’s newest flagship GPU, the GeForce RTX 3080, can actually hit 4K/37 FPS in “Can It Run Crysis” mode – the game’s maximum graphical preset. While a 7 FPS improvement is nothing to brag about and nowhere near the 60 FPS standard, it does suggest that Crytek Remastered isn’t as punishing as Crytek is trying to claim.

What’s worse is that Crysis Remastered’s visuals aren’t exactly mind-blowing...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
The crying about the game not being optimized is right on cue. The fact is, Crysis was and is demanding for many technical reasons which relate to choices the developers made with the visuals and implementation of certain technologies. I'm guessing that this remastered version probably didn't get many changes under the hood. It probably doesn't use higher core count CPU's worth a ****, etc.

I'll find out shortly.

Ah, so the 37 FPS number I mentioned in the other thread was actually a 3080, not a 2080 Ti.

Become a Patron!
Back