NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Gaming, Mining, and Synthetic Benchmarks Released Ahead of Embargo

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-close-up-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

The review embargo for NVIDIA’s new GeForce RTX 3080 Ti graphics cards isn’t set to lift until tomorrow, but that hasn’t stopped some early owners from publishing benchmarks in advance. Those would include Bilibili’s “Big Hardware Player,” who uploaded an assortment of benchmarks showing how the new GeForce RTX 30 Series flagship might compare against the GeForce RTX 3080 and GeForce RTX 3090 in 3DMark tests and various games, as well as its hash rate for mining Ether (65 MH/s). The performance of NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 3080 Ti appears to line up pretty closely with the GeForce RTX 3090 in many of the titles tested.

Red Dead Redemption 2 / Shadow of the Tomb Raider...

Continue reading...

For whatever reason my brain just can't digest that data.. ok the mining data. Is it truly gimped for mining?

Slots much closer to the 3090 than 3080 on the gaming side - often within margin of error, but consistently on the shy side of that, so within low single digit percentage performance of the 3090 -- a good bin and/or overclock may see the Ti match or overtake the 3090.

Mining performance is about 60% of what you would expect. An unnerfed 3090 reportedly gets about on ETH Phoenix 104 MH/s, a 3080 gets 86 MH/sec, this is reporting 65 MH/sec --- just a hair more than a RX6800 or RTX3070 on the same miner.

By the time these things get back down to MSRP we'll be on to 4080ti.... I wouldn't mind a 3080ti but no way am I paying these crazy prices.

Walks into bank.

I need a loan.

Banker: of course sir for a home or car?

Nope.. for ummm.. it stuff.

Banker: of for some new servers for a business?

Uhhh. Well.. no for a video card.

Banker: sorry sir we don't give loans of that size for things that depreciate faster than a pinto parked on a runway.

For a motorcycle?

Banker: sure we can help....

Become a Patron!
Back