NVIDIA Reportedly Launching GeForce RTX 3060 Ti on November 17

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-side-power-connector-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

MyDrivers is reporting that NVIDIA’s next GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics card, the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, will be released on November 17.

That happens to be exactly one day before AMD plans to launch its Radeon RX 6800 XT and Radeon RX 6800 GPUs, which have stolen the limelight for its surprisingly impressive performance claims.

While we can’t say for sure what NVIDIA is planning, green team appears to be intentionally slotting its GeForce RTX 3060 Ti graphics card to diminish the impact of the...

Continue reading...

Is it odd to anyone else that Nvidia is playing the low end card game where amd has normally had most of its market share?

Is it odd to anyone else that Nvidia is playing the low end card game where amd has normally had most of its market share?

Not really, AMD is moving up so eventually they will compete on all levels.

Also remember the 1060? It outsold anything AMD had in that price range, by a lot. A lot.

Ever since the R580, what has AMD had in that range that sold well?

I don't think this is the behavior of the market leader.
Why is Nvidia seemingly flailing so much?
Their crap launch is a hole they dug themselves, seems they can't stop digging. The products are good though, no need to do this bs games, just ask people for patience, and say its coming along nicely and so on. Calm the waters so to speak.
The 3060 is probably going to be a nice product, why no give it its own week. Its ridiculous. If anything its giving AMD MORE attention.
I think they realized they over reacted in price and set the expectations ultra high for price performance. The 3080 founders is a relative (key word here) bargain, the margins are probably garbage. If I was in the market for a 3080, it would be either a founders for msrp, or AIB for the same price as founders, I ain't paying no premium , when the founders itself has a premium cooling solution already, so you can't tell me a premium cooling solution of any sort ain't priced in.
Its getting a bit, I don't know, almost pathetic... But I see it as beneath them most of all.
I think what's hurting them so bad is the fact that AMD is just a nose away from them, while using maybe a bit smaller die, but surely cheaper memory (much cheaper?) And cheaper normal cooling solutions, and so on. Basically a leap in efficiency in some ways.

Not really, AMD is moving up so eventually they will compete on all levels.

Also remember the 1060? It outsold anything AMD had in that price range, by a lot. A lot.

Ever since the R580, what has AMD had in that range that sold well?
100% . Ended up with 1650 super because AMD didn't have anything comparable as far as I could find when looking.
They did in some ways abandoned the lower level, the 5500 wasn't anywhere to be found, at all. I haven't paid attention lately.
Nvidias 16xx series was widespread available though, so they got my money, even though I would have preferred AMD.
Im guessing they will cover the full line this time with RDNA2, a half a die and a quarter die can't be hard to do I would guess

Last edited:
Absolutely wonderful. Another nVidia release and no stock to speak of I'm sure. They really are sticking it to AMD this round. /s

Absolutely wonderful. Another nVidia release and no stock to speak of I'm sure. They really are sticking it to AMD this round. /s

Agreed. I've never seen such a horrible launch for new hardware.

Become a Patron!
Back