NVIDIA Reportedly Planning New GeForce RTX 3060 Graphics Cards with More Aggressive Cryptomining Limiter

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-key-visual-crop-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

Following the accidental release of a CUDA driver that effectively makes its current anti-mining measures useless, NVIDIA is reportedly launching a new version of the GeForce RTX 3060 that will feature a revised and more aggressive mechanism for limiting the GPU’s ability to mine the native cryptocurrency of the Ethereum blockchain, Ether (ETH). The news comes from Hong Kong hardware site HKEPC, which reported that the updated GeForce RTX 3060 will leverage a new GA106 GPU variant identified as the GA106-302 and be released some time in May. Notable leaker kopite7kimi has warned that NVIDIA plans to make similar revisions to the rest of its GeForce RTX 30 Series lineup.

I’ve said before, maybe not GA106 only.For example, we would meet GA102-302/202 and GA104-302/202. https://t.co/pGghHbikbV— kopite7kimi...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait for games to run like crap because of the cryptomining limiter. It is all just fluff regardless to make some gamers go.. "Oh good they are fixing this." When in reality they are not fixing a **** thing except for enthusiests who might have such a card that one day go.. "Let me try that mining thing" and discover it's not worth their time. Limiting the hash rate will do little to fix the broader problem... if it is even a problem.

I would rather they put more emphasis on making the CMP lineup more attractive to miners than effort in on gimping the RTX one.

Become a Patron!
Back