NVIDIA Sells $30 Million Worth of Cryptocurrency Mining Processors to Bitcoin Mining Company

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-cryptocurrency-mining-processor-gpu-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

NVIDIA’s decision to begin a lineup of GPUs dedicated specifically for cryptomining appears to be working out great for the company already. As spotted by Tom’s Hardware, Hut 8 Mining Corp., one of the world’s biggest Bitcoin mining companies, has placed a massive order of Cryptocurrency Mining Processors (CMP) worth $30 million. The collective performance of these graphics cards is said to reach up to 1,600 Gigahash, which presumably equates to a frightening level of energy consumption.

“The adoption and the development of applications interacting with various blockchain networks have never...

Continue reading...

An enviromental impact tax on mining please.

Or just send all the farms down south where no one gives a **** lol.

I guess I don't care if cryptocurrency-mining-specific GPUs are sold to miners. I just don't want miners getting their hands on cards that are supposed to be used for actually rendering 3D graphics.

Call me crazy, but I think Graphics Processing Units should be used for, oh I dunno, graphics.

I guess I don't care if cryptocurrency-mining-specific GPUs are sold to miners. I just don't want miners getting their hands on cards that are supposed to be used for actually rendering 3D graphics.

Call me crazy, but I think Graphics Processing Units should be used for, oh I dunno, graphics.

Distributed computing is the future, and GPU's just happen to do it the best. Like it or not, it's not going away.

Become a Patron!
Back