NVIDIA to Increase Supply of GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics Cards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
geforce-gtx-1650-dt-turing-1024x576.jpg

NVIDIA is reportedly planning to increase the supply of its GeForce GTX 1650 graphics cards in an attempt to bolster the lackluster state of the current GPU market. This is according to a report from Chinese outlet IT Home, which explained that most of the chips had been going toward the mobile variant for use in notebooks and similar devices. As a change of course, green team will gradually increase its supply of GeForce GTX 1650 graphics cards for the desktop market from April to May.

nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-specifications.jpg

With the popularity of cryptocurrency mining, mid-to-high-end graphics cards with more than 6GB of video memory are almost hard to buy, and even if they can be purchased, the price is far beyond the price. The price of the entry-level GTX 1650 (Super) has also...

Continue reading...

...and they are as much or more than the 3060 MSRP.

This **** has got to stop.

That'll help.
It actually will, which is why this is news- sad news, but still news.

The 'even sadder' part is that the 1650 lacks the Turing NVENC. I'd have been much more excited for a hypothetical '2050' that lacked RTX cores but brought the Tensor cores that are useful for stuff like VOIP cleanup as well as the latest NVENC. Any of these GPUs is more than powerful enough for casual gaming at 1080p60 and can rock multiple external 4k panels otherwise with ease, it's the other stuff that I'd be interested in that would actually provide value.

And going forward, I do hope that Nvidia isn't so stingy with these: RTX is good as a high-end feature, but for anything portable and anything 'business'-oriented, they need to be providing solutions that would allow any CPU to compete with the refined dedicated circuitry Apple is deploying in their custom SoCs!

Yeah, more 1650s is what we are all really dying for.
/sarcasm

Yeah, more 1650s is what we are all really dying for.
Would have killed for one when a bought GT710 for my server a few months back... like really.

These aren't meant to ease the strain on gaming cards directly, they're meant to appeal to all the other markets that just need 'something'. Then customers in those markets aren't fighting with gamers for their 'something' to be a full gaming-grade part!

Might as well. The things are probably selling for $500 nowadays. Might as well make a quick buck.

Become a Patron!
Back