NZXT N7 Z490 Motherboard Review

Dan_D

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction

Dress-Up1--1024x322.png

NZXT is a manufacturer best known for computer cases and case accessories. The company has branched out in more recent years offering a couple of power supplies and even motherboards.

When you think of motherboard manufacturers, NZXT isn’t one that quickly comes to mind. A couple of years ago, NZXT decided to throw their hat into the motherboard ring, but approach the market from a different angle. First and foremost, NZXT doesn’t design or manufacture motherboards at all. Instead, motherboards are built by other companies and then branded by NZXT. This includes plastic cladding designed to make the motherboard more aesthetically pleasing.

Plenty of other motherboard manufacturers do concentrate somewhat on aesthetics. However, gaming aesthetics tend to be anything but subtle. NZXT went for...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
People have purchased Pontiac Aztec’s in the past of their own free will, so it wouldn’t matter if I thought the motherboard was ugly or not.

I've met a few. Then the car started to make sense.

The problem is the price. It keeps being referred to as a "budget" board, but there are better options in the $200-$250 price bracket. You could find an equivalent to the NZXT board under the $200 price point.

There was curiosity from my side on this one when it came out (briefly had a major white aesthetic going on in my head), but decided to get something "better" rather than waste the time. Glad I did. Although, this would fit nicely if my wife's system ever dies. She likes pretty.

Become a Patron!
Back