OAE1 Signature Headphones with Open-Around-Ear Design Launched by Corsair, Drop, and Audio Pioneer Axel Grell

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Drop (a leading community-driven e-commerce brand) and audio pioneer Axel Grell have launched the Drop + Grell OAE1, a new pair of premium headphones with an open-around-ear design that is said to deliver a listening experience on par with speakers, featuring improved stereo imaging, an ultra-expansive sound field, and more.

See full article...

Maybe I'm really stupid here. But what headphones today don't have speakers in them?

"Sounds like speakers" Seems to me to suggest other headphones didn't have speakers in them.

A quick google tells me that isn't so.

Plus.. haven't we all had trash speakers back in the day.. when having a stereo in your room was cool. Before the apple headsets cost as much as the cheap home stereos for teens?

There are bone conduction headphones that work a bit differently

That said I always found it odd that Drop more less morphed into a headphone company

That said I always found it odd that Drop more less morphed into a headphone company
And keyboards!

And many other odd things, but yeah, headphones and keyboards are their bread and butter it seems.

Not to mention most of the time they are overpriced compared to the open market.

Not to mention most of the time they are overpriced compared to the open market.
Yeah, really depends on what it is; they also sell on Amazon themselves which makes things kind of awkward sometimes IMO.

Become a Patron!
Back