Origin PC is now EA Desktop

Armenius

FPS Regular
We want you to have the best possible PC gaming experience, with faster downloads and updates, simpler access to your games, and the ability to connect with your friends across platforms. So we got to work building a next-generation PC gaming platform — and we designed it from the ground up with your feedback in mind.

Today, we’re thrilled to offer you an early look at the all-new EA Desktop app, our built-from-scratch PC platform for EA players, games, and content. It brings you a faster experience, fewer clicks to jump back into your favorite games, and powerful Playtime Controls to help you keep tabs on how much time you and your family spend playing. We’re making it faster and easier to find and install new content, whether you’re buying games or playing through your EA Play membership. We’re also rolling out new benefits to give our EA Play* and EA Play Pro members even more from the games they love. And it all comes in the sleek dark-mode interface you’ve been asking for.

From the very start, we’ve put our players at the forefront of this project, and we plan to keep it that way. That’s why we’re inviting you to join the EA Desktop app beta: to test-drive our work, explore what’s new, and help us plan for the future. Anyone can register, and we’re sending out download invitations on a first-come, first-served basis.

If you’re an Origin™ player, your friends list and progress on eligible games will carry over. And rest assured that you can still access all of your content on Origin, so you can pick where you play.

We have lots of new features on the way, so sign up, kick the tires, and let us know what you think. Your feedback is why we’re here, and we’ll need your insights as we build the faster, simpler, more powerful platform you’ve asked for.​

Oh, boy! Can't wait to see what this breaks when I get home...

I honestly have not started the launcher since they made the update, so can't update my quip in the OP. I don't have the urge to play anything I have on it right now.

I play so few games on this platform and EA is well - EA so I try to pay little attention to them especially since their games are not available on Steam.

My main gripes with Origin is it always forgets my passwords pretty much every time i use it again, and the fact that it wants to auto start worse than a virus (fixable i know)

That and it ignores mDPI / scaling settings, so the app always launches with tiny tiny text, and the override resets with each patch.

Become a Patron!
Back