Overclocked GeForce RTX 3090 Ti vs Overclocked Radeon RX 6950 XT

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction NVIDIA flagship versus AMD flagship, but overclocked! That is what we are looking at today, we are taking a GeForce RTX 3090 Ti video card and overclocking it to the max, and then comparing performance to an AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT video card also overclocked to the max. This is our Overclocked GeForce […]

Go to post

Great article, but I'm picky. I'd like to see RT 4k benches with DLSS/FSR. I'm willing to bet the 3090Ti can get close to 60fps or even better.

Great article, but I'm picky. I'd like to see RT 4k benches with DLSS/FSR. I'm willing to bet the 3090Ti can get close to 60fps or even better.
Probably, but with respect to the title of the article - you have two cards, one costs almost twice what the other does (at least at the time of printing, the price has since been adjusted, it's still 50% higher after the price cut). Thinking about it in those terms, and the numbers suddenly look a lot different.

Probably, but with respect to the title of the article - you have two cards, one costs almost twice what the other does (at least at the time of printing, the price has since been adjusted, it's still 50% higher after the price cut). Thinking about it in those terms, and the numbers suddenly look a lot different.

And that is why I ended my review with this final paragraph under Final Points.

When it comes down to raw performance, with both video cards performing very well when overclocked the key factor will come down to what is available, and how much they will cost. Right now prices are falling, and you can actually buy these video cards at MSRP, or even below. Since that is the case, whichever one you can find for the cheaper price is probably your best bet and best value for right now, and with the raw MSRP difference between them, it could end up being the Radeon RX 6950 XT. It offers amazing raw performance for the price compared to the higher MSRP on the RTX 3090 Ti and has the most overclocking headroom.

And that is why I ended my review with this final paragraph under Final Points.

When it comes down to raw performance, with both video cards performing very well when overclocked the key factor will come down to what is available, and how much they will cost. Right now prices are falling, and you can actually buy these video cards at MSRP, or even below. Since that is the case, whichever one you can find for the cheaper price is probably your best bet and best value for right now, and with the raw MSRP difference between them, it could end up being the Radeon RX 6950 XT. It offers amazing raw performance for the price compared to the higher MSRP on the RTX 3090 Ti and has the most overclocking headroom.

As of today the RX 6950 XT is about $1,100 and the RTX 3090 Ti around $1,500. It's up to you to justify the price for the extra RT performance. But then again $1500/$1100 seems like a steal when you consider these cards were going for almost twice the price just a few days ago.

BTW where are the non-oc results for comparison? Yes I'm picky... (and lazy as I know I can just look at the cards reviews) :LOL: :p

Become a Patron!
Back