Phanteks Releases NV5 MKII Mid-Tower Case with Near-Seamless Glass Panel and Support for BTF/Project Zero Motherboards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Phanteks has announced the release and availability of the NV5 MKII, an upgraded version of the original mid-tower chassis that adds support for BTF/Project Zero motherboards, ASUS and MSI's latest solutions for enthusiasts seeking cleaner cable management and greater aesthetics.

See full article...

So, I like Phanteks cases, I like the NV5 aesthetically, and I like the idea of putting most of the connectors on the back - just hoping that these 'standards' stabilize a bit and perhaps we see some acknowledgement from PSU manufacturers in terms of optimizing PSU line lengths as well as connectors. Would like to see a lot more 90° cables to get these connections flush to the back of the board and make routing easier.

Not bad looking. I would think the curved glass ones would present better? Perhaps cost is a big difference.

My issue with cases like this, and GN has covered it, is the lack of airflow across the motherboard. And if you don't have top fans the GPU creates a lot of stagnant heat right over the CPU.

My issue with cases like this, and GN has covered it, is the lack of airflow across the motherboard. And if you don't have top fans the GPU creates a lot of stagnant heat right over the CPU.
That's what I was mulling over when looking at the pictures, or more specifically, that they put the PSU at the bottom which precludes putting a bunch of fans down there to bring in cold air.

Generally though I'd go for a vertical mount for the GPU if possible, as there's plenty of room on either side (motherboard behind and glass in front) for air to circulate.

I have the MSI Maestro 700PLZ case with the curved glass and it actually cools very well. I believe the curved glass actually helps "turn" the air coming from the side fans to direct it over the motherboard. These cases like the NV5 and the 011 Dynamic that started it all just have the air blowing into the side panel then it has to dissipate from there into the case with maybe the bottom fans helping moving the air over the motherboard.

Become a Patron!
Back