PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Launches Marred by Coil Whine, System Crashes, and Other Issues

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
playstation-5-console-editions-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sony

An increasing amount of gamers who picked up a PlayStation 5 and/or Xbox Series X on launch week have discovered that it doesn’t always pay to be an early adopter.

Numerous reports of hardware and software issues have been making their way around social media, suggesting that Sony and Microsoft’s next-gen consoles might be impacted by faulty components, system crashes, and other oddities.

Some of the first videos we saw revealed Xbox Series X consoles with defective drives. It appears that some lemons are unable to accept discs due to a defective slot-loading mechanism, while others sound like a grinder during operation.

More concerning are reports about Xbox Series X consoles going up in smoke. While the majority of...

Continue reading...

Interestingly enough .. my very first XBox 360 had a faulty DVD drive. I lived in Thompson Falls,MT at the time and had to drive 100 miles to Missoula to get the thing .. then back to return/exchange it.. *sniff*

I went through 5 or 6 of those suckers :oops:

Yeah I haven't Owned an xbox product since the Xbox 360 because it was such a piece of **** and kept failing. So this is just par for the course.

Its about time coil whine in any gaming product is classed as a proper fault preventing sale.
It might give them enough human time troubleshooting it to spot other issues!
Quality control needs more manpower.

That was a meme of a guy blowing vape into the rear vent. It wasn't the console going up in smoke. I have not seen a real confirmed case of one going up in smoke, yet.

Yes I seen that now. Thank you...:)

Become a Patron!
Back