[PR] LG’s Projector-Less, LED Cinema Display Debuts In Taiwan

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
lg-led-cinema-1024x576.jpg
Image: LG

LG Electronics (LG) is wowing moviegoers in Taiwan with the opening of the world’s first movie theater equipped with LG LED Cinema Display technology featuring Dolby’s cinema server solution and Dolby Atmos immersive audio. In collaboration with Taiwan’s leading theater chain, Showtime Cinemas, the futuristic theater is also the first in the market to completely replace the projector with LED technology.

LG and Dolby Laboratories closely collaborated to integrate Dolby’s Integrated Media Server (IMS3000) with LG’s innovative LED Cinema Display. Dolby’s IMS3000 allows movies to play in full Dolby Atmos to produce a wide soundstage that surrounds the audience by projecting sounds corresponding to the movement and position of objects on the screen. Pairing Dolby Atmos with the vibrant, lifelike images of LG’s LED Cinema Display creates a more immersive experience that makes...

Continue reading...

You know what. Give me a visually intense film. Show it at 8k 120hz. And I'll be there to watch it in the theater for 20 bucks a private recliner with chair side service. Must it better be Steven Jackson telli g the story and Spielberg doing the cinematography.

No way can they make a 44 foot 4K flatpanel cheaper than a projector costs. This is for tech bragging rights... maybe as a counter to Samsung's impressive but stupendously expensive "The Wall" 4k modular system

No way can they make a 44 foot 4K flatpanel cheaper than a projector costs. This is for tech bragging rights... maybe as a counter to Samsung's impressive but stupendously expensive "The Wall" 4k modular system

Well if this is better it doesn't need to be cheaper. ;) My worry is will it have enough NITS to fill a theater.

Become a Patron!
Back