[PR] Mountain Launches Gaming Mouse with 19,000 DPI Sensor

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
mountain-makalu-67-gaming-mouse-gray-1024x576.jpg
Image: Mountain

Mountain, creator of innovative, premium peripherals with user-centric design to enable gamers to perform at their best, introduces its first ever gaming mouse, the light-weight Makalu 67, featuring PixArt’s new flagship PMW3370 sensor with up to 19,000 DPI, 1-2 mm lift-off-distance and 0.5% error rate, significantly outperforming its predecessor 3389.

With only 67 g of weight, Makalu 67 offers a mid-to-large sized gaming mouse at the weight level of much smaller gaming mice, building upon a unique rib cage design that trims unnecessary weight while offering a rigid structure with maximum comfort. This has been achieved without sacrificing structural integrity. Makalu 67 is built to withstand 5 kg of force to avoid accidental button actuations by grabbing the body too tightly if things get a...

Continue reading...

I never understood the reason for these huge DPI mouses.

I don't know anyone that games over 1000 DPI. Hell, I game at 400-600 DPI depending on the game. 400 for shooters, 600 for open world games. At 19,000 you can do a 360 in less than 1/4" of movement. How is that useful?

I never understood the reason for these huge DPI mouses.

I don't know anyone that games over 1000 DPI. Hell, I game at 400-600 DPI depending on the game. 400 for shooters, 600 for open world games. At 19,000 you can do a 360 in less than 1/4" of movement. How is that useful?

You put it on scope mode or snipe mode then your movements are slowed but become MUCH more refined. Sub pixel shifting to aim because your sensitivity for movement is MORE refined than what the game can show you at range. Maybe you literally need to aim at a pixel.. this would let you do that. (and the glasses you will need later will thank you I'm sure.)

You put it on scope mode or snipe mode then your movements are slowed but become MUCH more refined. Sub pixel shifting to aim because your sensitivity for movement is MORE refined than what the game can show you at range. Maybe you literally need to aim at a pixel.. this would let you do that. (and the glasses you will need later will thank you I'm sure.)

Snipe/Scope mode literally just lowers the DPI setting slowing the movement of the cursor and increasing the distance the mouse needs to move.

Try playing a game at 19,000 DPI setting. Good luck.

Snipe/Scope mode literally just lowers the DPI setting slowing the movement of the cursor and increasing the distance the mouse needs to move.

Try playing a game at 19,000 DPI setting. Good luck.

Huh I really. Thought it was using all of the dpi for more refined movement in scope mode. Wouldn't that be preferable?

Huh I really. Thought it was using all of the dpi for more refined movement in scope mode. Wouldn't that be preferable?

On my Logitech G502 Proteus and Corsair M65 both snipe buttons lower DPI to 300. It's programmable in iCue and LGS.

That's how it used to work back in the day, you could get more accurate mouse movement by maxing the mouse dpi, and lowering the corresponding mouse sensitivity in the OS, but I think we got to the point where mouse DPI was so high that it is nothing but a marketing number already 15 years ago, and it no longer makes any difference what so ever.

Become a Patron!
Back