PS5’s DualSense Controller Is Supposedly Strong Enough to Mimic Weapon Jams

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
astros-playroom-playstation-5-controller-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sony

Various developers came out of the woodwork today to brag about how the PlayStation 5’s “DualSense” controller, which features adaptive triggers and haptic feedback, will enhance their games. Arkane Studios, for one, claims that the peripheral is powerful enough to block users from activating its triggers – a perfect, physical way to tell players that their weapons are jammed in its upcoming PS5 exclusive, Deathloop.

“I’m really excited by the adaptive triggers and the haptic feedback, both features that will bring some physicality in game experiences, and give important feedback,” said Game Director Dinga Bakaba. “Deathloop being a first-person shooter, we do a lot of things to make...

Continue reading...

So how long until users break the triggers by squeezing the ever loving crap out of that trigger when they get killed because their weapon jams and they rage?

Hell I'm in my mid 40's and I squeeze the EFF out of a controller when I get pissed at a crappy game interaction and a severely inopportune time.

Actually this controller is what I'm most excited about with the new generation

Because THAT is what I have been missing from COD... weapon jams. /sarcasm

All they need now is kickback good enough to launch the controller out of one’s hands.

Become a Patron!
Back