PS5 Pro May Cost $650 in the U.S., Analysts Say as They Predict No Price Cut for the Base Model

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The PlayStation 5 Pro, an updated version of Sony Interactive Entertainment's best-selling console that is expected to deliver several improvements over its existing counterparts, including faster GPU rendering and greater ray-tracing performance, may cost anywhere from $600 to $650, according to new price predictions that have been shared by industry analysts.

See full article...

Considering my PS5 collects dust and mostly only use if as a 4k UHD player, Sony can f*ck right off with this BS. I would consider selling the thing, but then I'd have to go buy a 4K player so what's the point, although it would be nice to have a REAL remote control.... the PS5 media remote is a total POS.

The lack of any standout PS5 games is super obvious this gen. If anything I played more PS4 games on it by far than PS5 games. That should be their motto.... "The PS5 is the BEST PS4 EVER!"

Honestly it might be my last console. I can play pretty much whatever I want in 4K on my big screen on my PC anyway. Also I find that as I get older, my time available to play games and my interest is waning.

Seems consoles are following the phone trend.

Just a slightly more powerful model than the previous model that still plays/does all the same stuff.

Considering my PS5 collects dust and mostly only use if as a 4k UHD player, Sony can f*ck right off with this BS. I would consider selling the thing, but then I'd have to go buy a 4K player so what's the point, although it would be nice to have a REAL remote control.... the PS5 media remote is a total POS.

The lack of any standout PS5 games is super obvious this gen. If anything I played more PS4 games on it by far than PS5 games. That should be their motto.... "The PS5 is the BEST PS4 EVER!"

Honestly it might be my last console. I can play pretty much whatever I want in 4K on my big screen on my PC anyway. Also I find that as I get older, my time available to play games and my interest is waning.
Let me ask you something. Is there a noticeable difference in quality between a 4K BR disc and the highest quality linux distro?

And there is literally zero benefit to getting a faster PS5 or Xbox when the games you play on them are already maxed out graphically.

Let me ask you something. Is there a noticeable difference in quality between a 4K BR disc and the highest quality linux distro?

The 4K ones I have seen look pretty good, but this discs can be better. All depends on the quality. Mostly with the discs you get all the HDR flavors and better sound quality, plus all the extras etc but most movies don't take too much advantage of those any more.

Become a Patron!
Back