PSA: “PS5 Pro Enhanced” Games May Only Run at 30 FPS

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Sony has officially announced the PlayStation 5 Pro, and with it comes a gentle reminder from critics about how the new system, which, while costing $699.99, may still run certain titles at 30 FPS despite them being "PS5 Pro Enhanced"—a new label that Sony is introducing for games that have been patched to take advantage of the PS5 Pro's features (e.g., advanced ray tracing and AI-driven upscaling).

See full article...

That's a weird one. I mean all of that but 'some titles will still run at 30fps'. Is kind of BS.

That's a weird one. I mean all of that but 'some titles will still run at 30fps'. Is kind of BS.
This is perfectly fine. I mean zen 2 is a donkey by now in comparison to zen 3 & 4.

I am sure this is not a GPU limitation but a CPU limitation of forcing zen 2 on pro due to backwards compatibility requirement with old model

I am still waiting details on how the PSSR magic will work

I don't understand why not go with a more recent cpu architecture. Zen3 is much more efficient and a lot better at gaming than zen2 to begin with.

I also wonder if the AI portion is handled by the cpu like the Ryzen AI series or the gpu with RDNA4 which AFAIK integrates AI in hardware.

gpu with RDNA4 which AFAIK integrates AI in hardware.
I don't think there is any architecture difference between RDNA 3 & RDNA 4 except for RT

Definitely no tensor cores or matrix processing

I don't think there is any architecture difference between RDNA 3 & RDNA 4 except for RT

Definitely no tensor cores or matrix processing
AFAIK the next FSR installment with RDNA4 is done by AI cores not compute units.

I don't understand why not go with a more recent cpu architecture. Zen3 is much more efficient and a lot better at gaming than zen2 to begin with.

I also wonder if the AI portion is handled by the cpu like the Ryzen AI series or the gpu with RDNA4 which AFAIK integrates AI in hardware.
For some reason AMD seems to always be using old tech in their APU style chips, usually it's the GPU part, no idea if it is a lack of resources to make them current or they just don't want to canibalise their sales of normal CPU and GPU's by making the APU's too perfrmant.

For example
tThey been using Vega GPU parts for their APU's for ages after Navi launched

For the CPU here it’s almost certainly some compatibility thing. They did something similar with the PS4 Pro

Become a Patron!
Back