Qualcomm Snapdragon X PCs Will Start at $700 Next Year, CEO Says

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Systems powered by Snapdragon X, a new series of laptop CPUs from Qualcomm that is said to include the most powerful computing processor that has ever been created for PCs—the 12-core Snapdragon X Elite—will be available for purchase at prices as low as $700 next year, according to new comments shared by Cristiano Amon, Qualcomm's CEO and president.

See full article...

Sometimes I dont get the pricing strategy of mini pcs. I like mini PCs, and I mean mini. But often they overprice things, what is a mini pc, but much less than a laptop?. No screen, no battery, way less research /testing for a cooling solution, and no need for any power management either, just a feral cpu, along similiar components. Yet with all the obvious savings, many mini pcs that are more powerful, are just priced too high. I do have mini pcs, even though they are quite low end, they are fine I guess at less than 200$ on sale.

Look, as far as the ARM thing goes, it might not be for me, at least not for most of my devices (I already have a few ARM-based Odroid SBC's for my Kodi/MyhtTV frontends) but I'm all for there being options in the marketplacec.

The NPU's are just silly though. Nobody needs (or even really wants) that except for a few AI fanboys.

Become a Patron!
Back