Rambus Advances Data Center Server Performance with Industry-First Gen4 DDR5 RCD, Boosting Data Rate to 7,200 MT/s for a 50% Memory Bandwidth Incre...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Rambus Inc., a premier chip and silicon IP provider making data faster and safer, announced the availability of its state-of-the-art Gen4 DDR5 Registering Clock Driver (RCD) which began sampling to the major DDR5 memory module (RDIMM) manufacturers in the fourth quarter of 2023.

See full article...

The last time I heard about RAMBUS doing anything was when they provided the RAM for the PS3. That was almost 20 years ago (PS3 launched in 2006 if I recall correctly). Apparently they also provided the RAM for the Nintendo 64 (and even the PS2), never knew that. Like most people, my first experience with RAMBUS sh1t was during the Pentium 4 days with RD-RAM (or whatever it was called), and those weird terminator modules (apparently they were called Continuity RIMMs). Back then I built a P4 PC for my college roommate. He should have gone AMD. Everyone tried to convince him. Only after the system was finished did he regret going Intel. Oh well, too late by then.

Become a Patron!
Back