Raspberry Pi 5 Family Expands with New 2 GB Variant Priced at Just $50

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The 2GB Raspberry Pi 5, a new member of the Raspberry Pi 5 family that continues what the company says is its mission to bring high-performance general-purpose computing to the widest possible audience, is now available for purchase from approved resellers for only $50, Raspberry Pi has announced.

See full article...

Who is so cheap that they need to get the 2GB model just to save $10?!

Who is so cheap that they need to get the 2GB model just to save $10?!
Purpose built use case. Ex, I really don’t need more than 2GB for a pi hole, and I can even run some distributed computing on it with 2GB

Purpose built use case. Ex, I really don’t need more than 2GB for a pi hole, and I can even run some distributed computing on it with 2GB
Yeah but with a $10 difference, does it even matter? I feel like this is kind of a useless SKU.

Yeah but with a $10 difference, does it even matter? I feel like this is kind of a useless SKU.
I mean, if I need 2GB or less of ram, why would I spend $10 more?

I’ve actually been buying 8gb pi 5s, but I’ve been slow adding them to my distributed computing setup. Thinking about it, 4GB model may be the odd one out. If you need ram or don’t really know what you need, just spend the 79 and get the 8gb model. If you don’t need ram, get the 2GB version and in a pinch, use zram. Use cases where you really need 3-3.5GB ram are the probably the window where you get the 4GB version

Become a Patron!
Back