Rate my budget workstation build

MadMummy76

FPS Junkie
ASROCK B760M-HDV/M.2
INTEL Core i5-13600KF
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 34
KINGSTON FURY 32GB Beast DDR5 6000MHz
ASUS GeForce RTX® 4060 8GB GDDR6

Any suggestion? Would you choose s something different within the same budget?
Multi thread performance doesn't matter much, only single thread and video memory size / speed.

Last edited:
That's not bad. Similar to something I'm looking to put together for my wife as a replacement for her aging i7-4790..

I'm going the route of an:
Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX
AMD R5 7600X
Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240L RGB V2
G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory
MSI GAMING GeForce RTX 4060 8 GB

I'm undecided whether I'd be better off with a 3060 12GB than a 4060 8GB for the purpose.

I'm also not sure if the cooler I selected based on TDP and price is actually enough for a 13600K or not.

Arctic Cooling has nice coolers.. I'm sure it's more than sufficient for the 13600KF part. You could save some $$ by shifting to a 240MM cooler vs. the 360MM cooler.. As for the 3060 vs 4060, they both perform similarly.. Whichever you can get cheaper is the one I'd go with..

As for the 3060 vs 4060, they both perform similarly.. Whichever you can get cheaper is the one I'd go with..
I'd imagine the big delta there is the 12G VRAM vs 8G. They may perform similarly, but the 3060 with more VRAM may have more legs to it.

Technology wise, Nvidia is not kind about unlocking newer gen features in older cards. So if you want Nvidia's Frame Gen and things like that to boost your performance going with the 8G might be the better option because it's a newer gen of GPU. Otherwise if that's not important to you then yea go with the 3060.

Another option is to go last gen AMD. Cards like the 6800xt are strong and I just sold my old one for 300 bucks to a gamer.

Arctic Cooling has nice coolers.. I'm sure it's more than sufficient for the 13600KF part. You could save some $$ by shifting to a 240MM cooler vs. the 360MM cooler.. As for the 3060 vs 4060, they both perform similarly.. Whichever you can get cheaper is the one I'd go with..
It's a basic tower cooler, not liquid.

Technology wise, Nvidia is not kind about unlocking newer gen features in older cards. So if you want Nvidia's Frame Gen and things like that to boost your performance going with the 8G might be the better option because it's a newer gen of GPU. Otherwise if that's not important to you then yea go with the 3060.

Another option is to go last gen AMD. Cards like the 6800xt are strong and I just sold my old one for 300 bucks to a gamer.
Since they will be used as workstations frame gen is of no concern. And AMD might have compatibility issues so only nvidia comes into play.

Become a Patron!
Back