Report: NVIDIA and AMD GPU Stock to Suffer until February Due to GDDR6 Memory Shortages

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-close-up-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

French hardware site Cowcotland has shared a report claiming that the industry is suffering from a global GDDR6 memory shortage, which, if true, would certainly add to the growing list of reasons as to why certain graphics cards are impossible to find these days. Those would include NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 3070 and newly launched GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, as well as AMD’s entire lineup of Radeon RX 6000 Series GPUs—all of these leverage GDDR6 memory.

According to Cowcotland’s sources, availability of NVIDIA and AMD GPUs isn’t expected to stabilize and return to acceptable levels until two or three months from now. Radeon RX 6900 XT stock is also expected to be heavily affected...

Continue reading...

I'd be willing to bet there isn't really a shortage and that they keep kicking the can down the road waiting for more stimulus money to hit people's wallets. They're going to need as much circus as they can muster because the bread lines are already getting long.

Excuses, excuses. Next they will blame it on Covid infecting all the factor workers in China. (which could actually be a thing for all I know)

Oh, but you need 5000 cards for a crypto mining operation in China? Sure, no problem.

Hang out, play games, wait for the EVGA que to make it's way to where I can buy something :)

Couldn't care less about why anymore, just reality at this stage is there is very little available for us.

Become a Patron!
Back