Report: NVIDIA Ends Production of GeForce RTX 20 Series GPUs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-flipped-1024x577.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

If you’re in the market for one of NVIDIA’s more powerful GeForce RTX 20 Series graphics cards, you may want to grab one straight away. Chinese website IT Home is reporting that RTX 2070, RTX 2070 SUPER, RTX 2080 SUPER, and RTX 2080 Ti production has been discontinued. Assuming this is even true, let’s pour one out for the generation that brought ray-traced effects to the masses!

“According to news from Juxun Gate on Thursday, due to insufficient output, NVIDIA’s high-end graphics cards may face serious shortages in the follow-up,” IT Home wrote. “NVIDIA had suggested to try to increase prices at the beginning of the month, mainly due to rising mining demand and insufficient chip supply. In addition, due to the impact of TSMC’s insufficient production capacity, the subsequent high-end RTX 2080 Super...

Continue reading...

So in a other six months make a warranty claim on your 2080 to get a free upgrade to a 3080... Right?

Welp, wonder how long I'll be able to hold out selling my 2080 Super if shortages and mining bump up the resale value on them.

I still remember fondly selling my R9 Fury Nitro and being able to purchase a 1080 (hybrid unit, no less) with the profit.

Managed to miss this generation, but not without trying. I did actually buy a 2070 and it was a dead POS out of the box. Took that money and got a used 1080ti, never looked back...

1080 Ti, much like the 8800 GTX in the past, still has legs!!!
If Sli was still a thing, the 1080 Ti would have even more use.

Become a Patron!
Back