Resident Evil 3’s Scores Aren’t Looking Too Good: Reviewers Claim It’s Worse Than Its Predecessor

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
resident-evil-3-jill-mikhail-subway-1024x576.jpg
Image: Capcom

Resident Evil 3 seemed like a sure-fire hit due to the success of its predecessor, but the majority of early reviews suggest otherwise. While the game looks and plays largely the same – albeit with a stronger focus on shooting and action – critics say that it’s a step back from Resident Evil 2 and feels more like a piece of DLC.

Eurogamer: The Resident Evil 3 remake, like the original upon which it is based, is inferior to its predecessor.. I finished my playthrough in just five-and-a-half hours, and I think it’s worth unpacking why it felt even breezier than that. This is a more action-oriented game than the Resident Evil 2 remake, and while it does contain traditional horror sections, such as skulking...

Continue reading...

I'm hoping it's not quite as survival based.... I know that doesn't sound right for a RE game but having to ration rounds to the point of spending most of the time running away from fights got so old that I only made it halfway thru RE2 before quitting. Mr X was the final straw.

Like I said I know that survival and rationing is part of RE, I've been playing them since the Playstation 1 days but I don't remember the originals being this bad. I mean what's the point of having zombies if you can't shoot any of them?

I will pick up when it goes on sale. RE2 was pretty good and actually RE3 sounds more fun to me if it is more gun fight.

Become a Patron!
Back