Resident Evil Village Launching May 7 on Steam, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and Last-Gen Consoles

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
resident-evil-village-lady-dimitrescu-daughters-revised-1024x576.jpg
Image: Capcom

Capcom has announced that the eighth installment of its long-running survival horror franchise, Resident Evil Village (RE8), will be released for Steam and current-gen/last-gen platforms (i.e., PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One) on May 7, 2021. The news was shared as part of today’s Resident Evil Showcase event, which included a new trailer demonstrating the game’s central locale, Dimitrescu Castle, and its beautiful gothic interiors.

“[…] we put the spotlight on a mysterious castle and its residents, particularly everyone’s favorite new character, the tall lady who’s captivated everyone’s hearts as of late,” Capcom wrote. “We’re happy to put a name to the face: Lady...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
So tired of these Japanese's companies (Square Enix, Sega, Capcom, FromSoftware, etc.) always discriminating on other platforms for Sony's conslow that I even purchased a PS5.

So tired of these Japanese's companies (Square Enix, Sega, Capcom, FromSoftware, etc.) always discriminating on other platforms for Sony's conslow that I even purchased a PS5.
It's not discrimination, it's a business decision. Fact of the matter is that the PlayStation market is the largest in video gaming regardless of Sony being a Japanese company. Aside from that, Sony Interactive Entertainment (the "PlayStation" part of the company) is currently run by Americans with its headquarters in San Mateo, CA.

With this, it's only a demo. There was an offset release, but the other platforms still got the demo for Resident Evil 7. Every platform is still getting the full release on the same date.

Become a Patron!
Back