RoboCop: Rogue City Announced for Console and PC

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
robocop-rogue-city-thigh-holster-1024x576.jpg
Image: Teyon

Nacon, Teyon, and MGM have teamed up to deliver an all-new RoboCop game called RoboCop: Rogue City. Scheduled for release in 2023 for console and PC, RoboCop: Rogue City will allow players to become the “iconic part man, part machine, all cop hero” introduced in director Paul Verhoeven’s classic 1987 sci-fi action film. Developed by the studio behind Terminator: Resistance, RoboCop: Rogue City will feature a new RoboCop story based on the first three films. Nacon didn’t specify which consoles RoboCop: Rogue City will be released on in its press release, but the Steam page is already up for PC gamers who’d like to add it to their wishlists.

NACON and Teyon will work with MGM to develop an authentic RoboCop game experience that is faithful to the franchise’s DNA, while immersing gamers in an original story that enables them to play as none other...

Continue reading...

I don't have high hopes here at ALL. Even in the press release they got the freaking movie wrong. Yea the criminals were bad but the corporations were equally and not more evil. Just evil the government says is ok.

Robocop was about a hero caught in the middle that inspired the scientists and people around him to eventually be better.. oh and he kicked a lot of *** along the way.

A Robocop movie is a Cyberpunk story. It's about a 'super' human created by a corporation for profit while subduing criminals but also wanting to control their creation for whatever else they wanted to do with it. Military, civilian suppression, you name it.

Watching that crap short and reading the blurb. Whomever is making this game currently does not understand what the movies were about. And that leads to a hollow freaking game that focuses on speed upgrades for deploying your gun, more than the story.

I don't have high hopes here at ALL. Even in the press release they got the freaking movie wrong. Yea the criminals were bad but the corporations were equally and not more evil. Just evil the government says is ok.

Robocop was about a hero caught in the middle that inspired the scientists and people around him to eventually be better.. oh and he kicked a lot of *** along the way.

A Robocop movie is a Cyberpunk story. It's about a 'super' human created by a corporation for profit while subduing criminals but also wanting to control their creation for whatever else they wanted to do with it. Military, civilian suppression, you name it.

Watching that crap short and reading the blurb. Whomever is making this game currently does not understand what the movies were about. And that leads to a hollow freaking game that focuses on speed upgrades for deploying your gun, more than the story.
What the heck are you talking about? You can't have the entire story with all the nuances included in a press release. I don't see anything wrong. Where did you get the information about speed upgrades and gun upgrades?

I heard Terminator Resistance wasn't half bad, and there is zero indication that they wouldn't be faithful to the spirit of the movies. And what if it has speed upgrades? That doesn't exclude the possibility of a good game.

What the heck are you talking about? You can't have the entire story with all the nuances included in a press release. I don't see anything wrong. Where did you get the information about speed upgrades and gun upgrades?

I heard Terminator Resistance wasn't half bad, and there is zero indication that they wouldn't be faithful to the spirit of the movies. And what if it has speed upgrades? That doesn't exclude the possibility of a good game.

Tje verbiage of the article had no mention of the corporate overlords other than dropping the name.as part of the setting. Maybe it's just too early but it felt out of place to me. Clearly.

The speed upgrade was my own mention.

Become a Patron!
Back