Rockstar Games’s Red Dead Redemption 2 Coming to Xbox Game Pass for Console on May 7

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
red-dead-online-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Rockstar Games

Microsoft has announced that Rockstar Games’s open-world Western hit, Red Dead Redemption 2, will be coming to Xbox Game Pass on May 7. Unfortunately, this addition is exclusive to the console tier of the subscription service – there’s no word on when (or if) the title will be added to Xbox Game Pass for PC. (That version only came out in November, so maybe we should cut Microsoft some slack.)

“Now featuring additional Story Mode content and a fully-featured Photo Mode, Red Dead Redemption 2 also includes free access to the shared living world of Red Dead Online, where players take on an array of roles to carve their own unique path on the frontier as they track wanted criminals as a Bounty Hunter, create a business as a Trader, unearth exotic treasures as a...

Continue reading...

Console Only....

As good of an idea as XBGP is for the PC, and as colossal as it could potentially be, it's things like this that make me remember why I don't keep it on auto-subscribe.

I always wonder why Microsoft gets ~~ this close to something great, then goes and shoots themselves in the foot with one dumb deal breaker - every single time.

How is a game being released on a console a deal breaker for a service on the PC. That makes no sense.

If you're angry because Red Dead 2 isn't coming to Game Pass for Windows at the same time take it up with Rockstar and 2k, it's not Microsoft's fault. There are numerous great PC games for Windows Game Pass, $5 a month is a steal.

I’m concerned because the service has the same name on both ecosystems, is available under a combined subscription system, but does not have parity of content.

I get they want to sell consoles. I don’t necessarily want to buy one, when they already run my PC and it can do everything their console can do, and more.... if they would just let it.

I wonder how many players connect with the building sense of lonelyness the protagonist shows. It's not slapped in your face but I've noticed it. It's definitely a story of redemption in many ways and I think it's great. If you're wondering if you should buy it on pc.. I say do so. It has emotional context I never found in previous Rockstar titles.

Become a Patron!
Back