Rumor: New God of War to Be Announced for PlayStation 5 Next Month

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
god-of-war-cover-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Santa Monica Studios

According to Moore’s Law Is Dead (yeah, that guy again), Santa Monica Studios will unveil a new God of War title during Sony’s next State of Play event, which will take place sometime in August. Apparently, the sequel to the 2018 hit will feature jaw-dropping, photo-realistic graphics that will definitively demonstrate what the PlayStation 5 is capable of and what gamers can expect out of next-generation flagship titles.

God of War is one of Sony’s most critically acclaimed and financially successful franchises, so the announcement of a fifth installment isn’t exactly shocking, especially when you consider how the last game ended (Thor…). Nonetheless, an official announcement should be music to PlayStation fans’ ears and a great motivator for securing the next-gen console.

That’s not...

Continue reading...

Never was a huge fan of the earlier titles, but the recent PS4 God of War was great. Not sure if it'd be enough for me to try to track down a PS5 on launch, but would definitely have me thinking about it.

God of War 4 ended up being one of my most favorite titles of this generation, so I am really looking forward to a sequel. Will be a very long time before I get a 9th-gen system (probably towards the end of the generation), so no rush. Hope Cory Barlog is in charge of development again.

If Horizon and God of War were the only two games coming out in the first 12 months of the PS5's life I'd still buy it.

I'll be picking one up the second pre-orders go live if I'm able to.

Become a Patron!
Back