Samsung Announces New EVO Select and EVO Plus microSD Cards with Improved Speeds and Up to 1 TB Capacity

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Samsung has introduced the latest iteration of its EVO Select and EVO Plus microSD cards, bringing increased transfer speeds of up to 160 MB/s, a 23% increase over their predecessors, for mobile devices and handheld gaming consoles.

See full article...

Huh, are microsd cards that big... oh yea everyone is recording video for tik toks and youtube and whatever else other format. Never mind.

Huh, are microsd cards that big... oh yea everyone is recording video for tik toks and youtube and whatever else other format. Never mind.
Well don't forget systems like the Switch and Steam Deck. People need space to store games on. Switch doesn't have much internal storage. Everyone I know with a Steam Deck got the one with the 256GB internal SSD and then just uses a huge fast MicroSD card. Those of us with modded systems also make good use of SD cards. For example, I have a huge SD card for my soft-modded 3DS full of DS and 3DS games, as well as games for other systems for use with emulators. There are adapters for PSP and PS Vita that allow you to use MicroSD cards instead of Sony's proprietary Memory Stick/Memory Stick Pro/Memory Stick Pro Duo (wish those had been around when I soft-modded my PSP). You can get a Gamecube memory card adapter that allows you to use MicroSDs. When I used to use R4 cards with my DS, everything was loaded from a MicroSD card.

Anyways, the point is, large memory cards like SD/MicroSD cards are for more than just people who record videos and take a f*ckton of pics.

Well don't forget systems like the Switch and Steam Deck. People need space to store games on. Switch doesn't have much internal storage. Everyone I know with a Steam Deck got the one with the 256GB internal SSD and then just uses a huge fast MicroSD card. Those of us with modded systems also make good use of SD cards. For example, I have a huge SD card for my soft-modded 3DS full of DS and 3DS games, as well as games for other systems for use with emulators. There are adapters for PSP and PS Vita that allow you to use MicroSD cards instead of Sony's proprietary Memory Stick/Memory Stick Pro/Memory Stick Pro Duo (wish those had been around when I soft-modded my PSP). You can get a Gamecube memory card adapter that allows you to use MicroSDs. When I used to use R4 cards with my DS, everything was loaded from a MicroSD card.

Anyways, the point is, large memory cards like SD/MicroSD cards are for more than just people who record videos and take a f*ckton of pics.
Fair I don't own a handheld system at all other than my phone. And it's far and few between for top tier phones to have an microSD card slot depending on generation.

Become a Patron!
Back